also available: Introductory Viola Lessons
Notes and Music on the G String:
As with our open-string reading practice from Lesson 4, remember these four rules:
After playing "London Bridge" with the correct notes and counting, try the "London Bridge" Duet with your teacher!
Suzuki Supplement: "Twinkle-Twinkle: Variation B"
Notes and Music on the E String:
After playing "Ode to Joy" with the correct notes and counting, try the "Ode to Joy" Duet with your teacher!
Suzuki Supplement: "Twinkle-Twinkle: Variation C"
- "G-String Notes and 'London Bridge'"
- "E-String Notes and 'Ode to Joy'"
Optional ASTACAP Testing
More information on ASTACAP Certification coming soon
- Scale: One-octave (D Major or A Major)
- 60 BPM
- Half- or Whole-Bows
- Repertoire: Can-Can and London Bridge
- "two selections of at lease 8 measures using at lease two different strings or fingers"
- Perform by memory
- Performance Technique:
- Bow Hold, Use of Whole- and Half-Bows
- Left-Hand Position, Good intonation
- Correct Rhythms